Spice Kitchen + Bar is an authentic farm-to-table restaurant in Cleveland’s Gordon Square neighborhood. We source 80% of all ingredients from sustainable small family farms within 100-miles of the city. We grow the majority of ingredients at our own 13-acre farm, Spice Acres, located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The farm is also our primary off-site location for seasonal events.
Spice Kitchen + Bar is seeking a Chef De Cuisine who wants to grow with our businesses. We have a dynamic young team of passionate professionals aligned with a mission of growing, purchasing, and preparing local foods in ways that build our economy and support the wellness of our guests.
Do you have the energy, drive and know-how to join the Spice team for the next evolution of growth?
We’re seeking a highly motivated leader, with a passion for hospitality, who can manage our culinary team in a fun, fast-paced environment. You’ll be responsible for embracing and promoting our culture, ensuring team members provide the best possible locally soursed cuisine, and serving as a key ambassador of our brand.
* Three years senior level experience in high-quality, volume-oriented environment
* Passionate culinarian with great palate and sense of presentation
* Awareness of seasonal foods in Northeast Ohio
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environment with time constraints
* Ability to troubleshoot effectively
* Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems for culinary staff, kitchen assistants and dish team
* Ability to effectively train and develop staff and build team morale
* Ability to hold others accountable for following company standards and procedures
* Ability to innovate and implement new ideas
* Demonstrated effective leadership skills including delegation skills
* Ability to meet budgets including labor, food and applicable direct operating costs
* Ability to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels
* Understanding of local food and farmer’s markets in our region
* Knowledge of wine, craft beer and craft cocktails
* Knowledge of local seasonal cuisine
* Love of kitchen pranks, music, and the great outdoors
If you’re seeking a career path with dedicated professionals, environmental stewardship, and occasional camping and foraging expeditions, send us your resume and salary requirements. For more information about the company, visit www.SpiceHeadquarters.com.