Spice Kitchen + Bar is an authentic farm-to-table restaurant in Cleveland’s Gordon Square neighborhood. We source 80% of all ingredients from sustainable small family farms within 100-miles of the city. We raise eggs, perennial crops, vegetables and specialty ingredients at our own 13-acre farm, Spice Acres, located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The farm is also our primary off-site location for seasonal events.
Spice Kitchen + Bar is seeking a Pastry Cook who wants to grow with our businesses. We have a dynamic young team of passionate professionals aligned with a mission of growing, purchasing, and preparing local foods in ways that support our local economy and the wellness of our guests.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Assist in production and execution of all dessert and pastry prep and any item coming out of the kitchen for quality and consistency
- Proper organization of pastry area and products
- Assist in the execution of catering dessert orders and wedding cakes
- Help with the coordination of food ordering with Pastry Chef
- Have the ability to read and follow the recipe books to help record new recipes for the book to focus on consistency
- Coordination with the pastry chef & farm manager to maximize farm used products and keep the menu as seasonal and local as possible.
- Help provide menu creativity and execution for catering dessert menus
- Assist with wedding Cake Program – menus, productions and execution
- Help with execution of seasonal pastry programs such as holiday pies and cookies
- Maintain the level of cleanliness to keep the pastry area clean, and all areas worked in, organized and in line with health code regulation
- Stay up to date on all food safety standards
- Coordinate with Chef De Cuisine on any baking needs on savory kitchen line
- Help in product creation based on Spice Acres production
- Assist in managing kitchen inventory
Hours: 30 hours on average, based on work flow + seasonality
Compensation: Dependent upon experience
If you’re seeking a career path with dedicated professionals, environmental stewardship, and occasional camping and foraging expeditions, send your resume and salary requirements our way. For more information about the company, visit www.SpiceHeadquarters.com.