Salary: $15.00 /hour
Spice Catering Co. is an authentic farm-to-table caterer based in Cleveland’s Gordon Square neighborhood. We source 80% of all ingredients from sustainable small family farms within 100-miles of the city. We raise perennial crops, vegetables and specialty ingredients at our own 13-acre farm, Spice Acres, located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The farm is also a primary off-site location for seasonal events.
Do you like the sound of working in a historic barn, a farmer’s market tent, and a restaurant kitchen all over the course of a week? Spice Catering Co. is growing every year, and seeking an energetic Catering Chef that can adapt to variety and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
We’re looking for a personable, self-driven professional who can engage with guests at local markets and help drive the success of unique farm-to-table special events. be responsible for embracing and promoting our culture, ensuring team members provide the best possible service, and serving as a key ambassador of our brand.
- 3+ years restaurant industry experience
- 1+ year catering experience
- Familiarity with local farms and food community
- Dynamic and personable
- Strategic thinker who can quickly improvise on demand
- Open-minded with a thirst for knowledge
- Resourceful and efficient, with a focus on reducing waste
- Reliable transportation
- Enjoys working outdoors
Compensation: $15/hr. plus an elevated rate for off-site events
- Experience setting up and cooking in temporary kitchens in unique spaces
- Knowledge of utilizing local, seasonal ingredients
- Enjoys engaging with guests and acting as a brand ambassador
If you’re seeking a career path with dedicated professionals, environmental stewardship, and occasional camping and foraging expeditions, send your resume our way. For more information about the company, visit www.SpiceHeadquarters.com.