Spice Kitchen + Bar is an authentic farm-to-table restaurant in Cleveland’s Gordon Square neighborhood. We source 80% of all ingredients from sustainable small family farms within 100-miles of the city. We grow 15% of our own ingredients at our own 13-acre farm, Spice Acres, located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The farm is also our primary off-site location for seasonal events.
Spice Kitchen + Bar is seeking a Kitchen Manager who wants to grow with our businesses. We have a dynamic young team of passionate professionals aligned with a mission of growing, purchasing, and preparing local foods in ways that build our economy and support the wellness of our guests.
Do you have the energy, drive and know-how to join the Spice team for the next evolution of growth?
We’re seeking a highly motivated leader, with a passion for hospitality, who can assist in managing our culinary team in a fun, fast-paced environment. You’ll be responsible for embracing and promoting our culture, ensuring team members provide the best possible locally sourced cuisine, and serving as a key ambassador of our brand.
- Three years senior level experience in high-quality, volume-oriented environment
- Passionate culinarian with great palate and sense of presentation
- Awareness of seasonal foods in Northeast Ohio
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environment with time constraints
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and assist in making correction.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems for culinary staff and dish team
- Ability to effectively train and develop staff and build team morale
- Ability to hold others accountable for following company standards and procedures
- Ability to innovate and implement new ideas
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills including delegation skills
- Ability to maintain budgets, including food, labor and applicable direct operating costs.
- Ability to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels
Your Direct Responsibilities:
- Ordering all products needed for Spice Hospitality Group
- Maintaining a log of all invoices that is easily coded, tracked, & organized
- Directly reporting to the Chef de Cuisine + orders based on menu development
- Kitchen Meeting secretary & agenda keeper
- Assists in driving the productivity of all staff members to maintain the cleaning schedule and prep schedules
- Helping to ensure + enforce process’ & standards of SKB & SH
- Held accountable for the proper storage, cleanliness, and quality of all product that is ordered, received + stored.
- Assists in the conversion and storage of recipes.
- Understanding of local food and farmer’s markets in our region
- Knowledge of wine, craft beer and craft cocktails
- Knowledge of local seasonal cuisine
- Love of kitchen pranks, music, and the great outdoors
If you’re seeking a career path with dedicated professionals, environmental stewardship, and occasional camping and foraging expeditions, send us your resume and salary requirements. For more information about the company, visit www.SpiceHeadquarters.com.
Job Type: Full-time