Spice Kitchen + Bar is an authentic farm-to-table restaurant in Cleveland’s Gordon Square neighborhood. We source 80% of all ingredients from sustainable small family farms within 100-miles of the city. We raise perennial crops, vegetables and specialty ingredients at our own 13-acre farm, Spice Acres, located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The farm is also our primary off-site location for seasonal events.
We have a dynamic young team of passionate professionals aligned with a mission of growing, purchasing, and preparing local foods in ways that support our local economy and the wellness of our guests. Do you have the energy, drive and know-how to join the Spice team for the next evolution of growth?
Duties + Responsibilities
- Managing prep, coordinating with sous chef on needs for the next day and making sure everyone is aware of protein and produce needs for the following day prep jobs.
- Proper storage, cleanliness of station, to meet and exceed all health code regulations
- Time management, finishing daily tasks, making sure station is in good shape for person covering your days off.
- Arrive to work on time, complete prep work and have station ready for service, tasting all product to assure that it is ready for customers.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a high paced environment.
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication and organizational skills.
- 3+ years restaurant/culinary experience
- Familiarity with local farms and food community
- Dynamic and personable
- Strategic thinker who can quickly improvise on demand
- Open-minded with a thirst for knowledge
- Resourceful and efficient, with a focus on reducing waste
- Reliable transportation